Below is a list of Gigs up to August 2019. Clicking on the month of a Gig already held will direct you to the Photos and Reviews of the gig held in that month.
The venue for the Club is Gosport & Fareham Rugby Football Club, Dolphin Crescent, Gosport, PO12 2HE. Further details, including links to a map, are given on the Location page.
All dates are Wednesdays and gigs will start at 8pm and end at 10:30 unless stated otherwise, usually with two short intervals. Space is limited and, whilst casual guests are always welcome, booking is essential – please contact Vicky Newman on 023 9242 9302 (an answer machine is available, please leave name, number and message) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact John Carter on 023 9252 5487.
The Gigs shown below are from January 2018 up to the present time. A list of Gigs from 2009, until December 2018 is available in Excel, Libre Office and Portable Document (.pdf) formats. The Excel & Libre Office versions also give an alphabetically arranged List of Bands as an extra worksheet with the dates they performed but the PDF version only gives the List of Gigs – see the List of Bands and their dates in PDF format.
Last updated on 13 June 2019
FORTHCOMING GIGS 2019
- 26th – Storyville Jassband from Holland
- 10th – Nick Ward’s Jelly Rollers
- 17th – Annual General Meeting (starting at the earlier time of 7pm) followed by a talk on Jazz history by Chris Newman.
- 24th – Black Cat Jazz Band
- 4th – Bob Dwyer’s Bix and Pieces
- 18th – New Orleans Heat
- 2nd – Slide by Slide – Kevin Grenfell (from the Jazz Giants) & Richard Leach & on trombones
- 16th – New Orleans Jazz Bandits
- 30th – Chris Newman’s Georgia Ramblers
A list of Gigs from 2009, until December 2018 is available in Excel, Libre Office and Portable Document (.pdf) formats. The Excel & Libre Office versions also give an alphabetically arranged List of Bands as an extra worksheet with the dates they performed but the PDF version only gives the List of Gigs – see the List of Bands and their dates in PDF format.
Clicking on the month of a Gig which has already been held (ie. those months below) will direct you to the page of Photos and Reviews of the gig held in that month.
- 12th – Harry Strutters Hot Rhythm with Marlene Hill
- 1st – Kevin Grenfell’s Jazz Giants
- 15th – ‘Tiger’ Tim Eyles’ Ragamuffins
- 29th – Sunset Café Stompers
- 6th – Dave Moorwood’s Rascal’s of Rhythm – Nat Gonnella Commemoration Gig
- 20th – Excelsior Vintage Jazz Band
- 6th – Henry & Minnie’s Old-Style (Rubber) Band – Sarah Spencer & Graham Collicott
- 20th – Tony Waller and His Prohibition Jazz Band
- 9th – Cuff Billett’s New Europa Jazz Band
- 23rd – The Sopranos (Saxophones) – Chris Pearce & Andy Leggett
- 12th – Golden Eagle Jazz Band – Christmas Party Night
- 3rd – Martin Bennett’s Old Green River Band
- 17th – Bob Dwyer’s Bix and Pieces
- 31st – Savannah Jazz Band
- 5th – Jeff Barnhart’s Sweet & Hot Quartet
- 19th – Gwyn Lewis’s Old Boy Stompers – From Sweden – another band new to Gosport Jazz Club
- 8th – John Maddocks Jazzmen
- 22nd – ‘Tiger’ Tim Eyles’ Ragamuffins
- 11th – Sussex Jazz Kings
- 18th – Annual General Meeting (starting at 7pm) plus talk by Chris Walker on Nat King Cole
- 25th – Dart Valley Stompers
- 13th – Panama Café Orchestra
- 27th – Apex Jazz Band
- 2nd – Storyville Jassband from Holland – another first time at Gosport Jazz Club
- 16th – New Orleans Jazz Bandits
- 30th – Matt Palmer’s Eagle Jazzband
- 4th – Roger Marks’ Cornish Armada
- 18th – Slide by Slide – Richard Leach & Kevin Grenfell (from the Jazz Giants) on trombones
- 7th – Graham Smith’s Jazz Allsorts – Nat Gonella’s birthday commemoration gig
- 21st – Mike Denham’s Sunset Café Stompers
- 28th – Doc Houlind’s Revival All Stars from Copenhagen – first time at Gosport Jazz Club
- 10th – Chris Pearce Jazz Band
- 24th – FB Pocket Orchestra